I credit so much that I do to the wonder of AdvoCare products. There are a lot of supplement companies out there but not many good ones. I caution you to be aware of the products you choose to try and to be informed in all aspects of your life when it comes to health, wellness and nutrition.
My three favorite products (currently): Post Workout Recovery, Nighttime Recovery & ProBiotic Restore
Post Workout Recovery helps me to recover after runs and allows me to get right back out there the next day to do it again if time and family permit. This product is AWESOME and I always have a shaker with me to drink after a run or race!
- Available in Chocolate and Vanilla
- Offered in pouches and canisters
- Helps minimize muscle soreness after strenuous activity
- Supplies essential components for muscle repair to optimize muscle recovery
- Helps maintain and restore energy supplies during and after physical activity
- Contains branched-chain amino acids to support muscle recovery, growth and endurance.
Nighttime Recovery is my ace in the hole. This is what I use when my body is tried and sore and the normal tricks don’t seem to bring recovery quite quick enough.
- Enhances muscle growth repair and recovery when taken after exercise*
- Supports the production of growth-related hormones naturally produced in the body*
- Helps the body withstand and respond to physical stress during and after exercise*
- Enhances energy production and utilization, thus helping the body to sustain higher workloads before the onset of fatigue*
Probiotic Restore is my savior! Mom and her siblings all have advanced Crohn’s Disease. I have had Irritable Bowel Disease since I was in high school and really can’t remember a time when I wasn’t struggling with what I ate and the end result. I will caution you to skip a few lines if you are easily grossed out……. I used to have horrible diarrhea after each meal. I couldn’t eat anything fresh, or spicy, or milky. Everything I ate had to be very processed and pretty bland in hopes that I could avoid making a mad dash to the bathroom with debilitating cramps and subsequent bowel distress. GROSS and EMBARRASSING to say the least. My problems with the Irritable Bowel led me to begin researching supplements. I was hoping to find something that could relieve my symptoms and hopefully put off a Crohn’s diagnosis. I had early success with ground flax-seed but it was a PITA to carry around little baggies of flax-seed and try to figure out how I was going to ingest it. It didn’t taste the best but I’ve certainly had worse. The best option for me was to stir the flax in a container of yogurt and eat it that way each day. Good option, good results, just a bit of a pain in the implementation department. I did that for a year until I found AdvoCare in 2006. My first AdvoCare product was the Post Workout Recovery (which I loved – see above) and I basically thought I’d take a chance on trying the Probiotic Restore. I figured I’d try it in hopes that it would work as well as the flax and then I would have two capsules to ingest daily rather than a baggie of flax. This was a huge hit for me. It has worked better than the flax and was much more convenient. I now eat mostly fresh foods…..and amazingly shed many LBS in the process…..I can do spicy foods on occasion in small proportions, and I can’t remember the last time I had a flare up with the cramping and diarrhea that didn’t involve a pack of GU gel. I still have GI distress while running and have to be VERY careful about what I ingest during my long runs/marathons but things are good otherwise. I take two Probiotic Restore capsules each morning and don’t worry about anything til tomorrow. I have gone days without using them (vacation, etc.) and haven’t had any flare ups but try to focus on taking them daily for maintenance. AdvoCare says we can’t make medical claims and I don’t want to say that I’m “cured” but this product has done wonders for me, it has changed my lifestyle (x100) and for that I am grateful. Oh, and if you don’t believe me, Dr. Oz just did an episode on supplements on his show this month (OCT 2011) and he listed AdvoCare’s ProBiotic Restore as one of the only probiotics he tested that had the listed amount of live probiotic. Click HERE for the link to the write-up if you are interested.
ProBiotic Restore OVERVIEW
- Helps maintain normal beneficial intestinal microflora*
- Supports healthy intestinal function*
- Enhances weight management*
- Improves nutrient absorption*
- Aids in good digestion*
- Provides immune system support*
- Helps relieve symptoms of occasional constipation*