I’m about 18 hours out from my only goal race of the year. I fully acknowledge that I haven’t been at my best this year. I acknowledge that I’ve taken the easy way out and ran “for fun” a lot this year …. Never trying to push the pace to avoid disappointment. It has taken me a lot longer to recover from last summer’s injury than I anticipated, whether that was mental or physical, I know not. Probably a little bit of both if I’m 100% honest.
So needless to say I’m anxious. I ran speed and tempos to prepare for this but the last two weeks I’ve done nothing other than “just run” & CrossFit. I’m 5-6 lbs heavier than normal
and am super thankful for having lost a few lbs this week. I can’t decide what to wear. I don’t really have a plan other than to try to focus my brain on “pushing” and not being intimidated by a pace that I am fully capable of managing. I am visualizing a time on the clock that I can only hope is MY finish time. I am not stressing about my stiff/sore back or my seemingly tired legs. I’m not thinking about the 9th mile where I tend to fall off pace. I’m not thinking about the weather which is going to be much warmer than I like.
What I am focused upon is giving the best that I have tomorrow, regardless of what the clock says at the end. I’m focused on effort. The time is NOW to push the pace and see what the last 5-6 months have given me in the name of strength and speed. Historically speaking, the Fort4Fitness race brings out my best because it shows up on the calendar just as I start my taper for the Chicago Marathon. It also helps that temps in the Midwest by late September are generally falling to the mid to low 40s at night. Historically, I have ran fast in Fort Wayne, even when I’m injured and end up limping away from the race. Today I am healthy. I am strong. I am ready. The time is NOW to run fast and reap the benefits of months of hard work. The time is NOW.
I’m excited. I’m anxious. I’m scared. Not scared that I will fail. I don’t believe anyone who has the courage to toe the line will ever fail but rather scared that I won’t have the courage to TRY to push a pace of which I know I am capable. Tomorrow at this time, the results will be written. Good, bad or otherwise, the ink will already be dry. Can’t wait to see how this plays out.
** The Time Is Now ** Amanda – TooTallFritz **
You will do awesome and totally rock it!
I don’t believe in luck really…I believe in commitment; I believe in heart; I believe in the confidence that comes from doing the work ahead of time…and I believe that YOU are ready! Go get ’em, because they are not ready for YOU!!
LOVE that! Thank you!!
Good luck, you have prepared for this and will be ready on race day. Go get em!
You will do awesome! Have fun and be a rock star!
Have a great race Amanda! You will do great!
Good luck at an amazing race!
You got this! Good luck!
You’ll rock it!!!
WooHoo! Go get it girl!
Good luck – rock it girl!
Good luck Amanda!!
Enjoy, Amanda! You inspire all of us, and now’s your time to shine!
TTF….run by feel…not bout pace…run as fast u can as it comes…watch the watch n race clock sparingly. Someday I would love to coach u!
“Go get em” You have worked hard, and I’m sure it will pay off. Relax and enjoy your race 🙂
I hope you exceed your expectations! Good luck!!
You’ve trained for this, your body is ready. I’ve always heard that running is 90% mental, and the other 10% is in your head. 😉 Beat that committee! You Can Do This!
You’ll have a great race!
How was it? Can’t wait to hear about it? Hope you had a wonderful race! 🙂