If you know me in real life or have been following for a while, you already know that I’m a water pusher. I drink it all the time, all day long. No soda for me, just water
and beer. I had a bottle with me non-stop roaming the streets of Miami and sitting on the beach. I take a bottle of water to lunch with when I’m going out. I’ve even been known to pull it out of my purse at a restaurant. I have no shame. I drink my water.
As the temps in the CHI are particularly warm this week, I wanted to remind all of you to drink your water too. Water is not only good for hydration but it also is a natural way to flush toxins from the body. So put down the coffee and grab a bottle of water! If you aren’t a water drinker, then this may be tough for you, so just start by focusing on getting 2 liters down per day. Then as you get used to it, you can increase the volume if you like. My preference is to drink 4 liters a day. Usually I get in 3 and the 4th is questionable but the goal is 4. I drink out of liter bottles, which I refill, so I know exactly how much I’ve had.
So as you go into this holiday weekend where alcohol consumption may be the center of your celebration, go in hydrated. And don’t forget to get your long run in on Saturday so you don’t have to worry about it on Sunday after “celebrating” Saint Patrick’s Day.
Please see the article below to learn more about the benefits of water.
Top 11 Health Benefits of Drinking Water by Mangosteen Natural Remedies
You will be amazed of the benefits of drinking water as follows:
- Lose weight: Drinking water helps you lose weight because it flushes down the by-products of fat breakdown. Drinking water reduces hunger, it’s an effective appetite suppressant so you’ll eat less. Plus, water has zero calories. Here are the further details on how to achieve fat loss by drinking water.
- Natural Remedy for Headache: Helps to relieve headache and back pains due to dehydration. Although many reasons contribute to headache, dehydration is the common one.
- Look Younger with Healthier Skin: You’ll look younger when your skin is properly hydrated. Water helps to replenish skin tissues, moisturizes skin and increases skin elasticity.
- Better Productivity at Work: Your brain is mostly made up of water, thus drinking water helps you think better, be more alert and more concentrated.
- Better Exercise: Drinking water regulates your body temperature. That means you’ll feel more energetic when doing exercises. Water also helps to fuel your muscle.
- Helps in Digestion and Constipation: Drinking water raises your metabolism because it helps in digestion. Fiber and water goes hand in hand so that you can have your daily bowel movement.
- Less Cramps and Sprains: Proper hydration helps keep your joints and muscles lubricated, so you’ll less likely get cramps and sprains.
- Less Likely to Get Sick and Feel Healthy: Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu and other ailments like kidney stones and heart attack. Water with lemon is used for ailments like respiratory disease, intestinal problems, rheumatism and arthritis etc. In other words one of the benefits of drinking water is that it can improve your immune system. Follow this link for further information on how lemon water can improve your health.
- Relieves Fatigue: Water is used by the body to help flush out toxins and waste products from the body. If your body lacks water, your heart, for instance, needs to work harder to pump out the oxygenated blood to all cells, so are the rest of the vital organs, your organs will be exhausted and so will you.
- Good Mood: Your body feels very good and that’s why you feel happy.
- Reduce the Risk of Cancer: Related to the digestive system, some studies show that drinking a healthy amount of water may reduce the risks of bladder cancer and colon cancer. Water dilutes the concentration of cancer-causing agents in the urine and shortens the time in which they are in contact with bladder lining.
Can you see the importance of water to your body after understanding the above benefits of drinking water?
That is such a great article and full of reasons why you should go refill your water bottle now!
On a totally unrelated sidenote, the Aspaeris Pivot Shorts giveaway is going on thru the weekend and I will draw a winner on Monday morning at 9am. If you would like a chance to win but have yet to jump thru the hoops, please go to the link HERE and do so now. If you can’t wait for the win but need a pair now, click on the Aspaeris link above and use the coupon code: PC2012 for 25% off. Go get yourself a pair!
Happy Water Drinking, Amanda – TooTallFritz
Okay, heading to grab some water. Sure I can’t finish my second cup of coffee first?
This is gonna sound really odd, but plain water nauseates me. Unless it’s really cold spring water, or something with additives, I just can’t drink it. (I’m not the only person I know of like this – I swear!) So I use the new Crystal Light with stevia or drink the zero calorie LifeWater (also sweetened with stevia, since I can’t have artificial sweeteners). Just wanted to recommend those products. The LifeWater has added vitamins and stuff, too, which is nice.
Great input; thanks!
Pingback: Water health myths; more irresponsible journalism! « Domesticated Dad