I’ll be honest, this far into CrossFit, it shouldn’t seem so hard EVERY DAMN TIME. But it is hard. I’m not sure if that is good or bad. I want to be stronger but just don’t feel as if I am getting where I want to go. Maybe because I only go twice a week? Maybe because I’m in the middle of a pretty fast training cycle as I am trying to get these legs to start turning over QUICKLY again? Maybe because I’m overeating and have gained weight? Maybe because I’ll be 40 in a little over a month? Obviously, I’m not sure what the missing part of the equation is, for me, but I’m pretty sure I can put the blame on
the crap that I’m stuffing in my mouth my food intake. I eat well 90% of the time. But apparently that 10% WEIGHS me down. I need to get it together!! I need to be more disciplined.
So I’m taking a break to go fill my water bottle and peel my banana ………
Now onto the WODs from last week. I’m still going. I’m still trying. And when I get tried, I tell myself that I need to keep pushing because that’s what will make me stronger.
CrossFit Day 54 – Push Press 5×3 (73#s) & Tabatas
Tabatas – As you probably know by now, this is the 8 sets of each movement with 20 seconds on and then 10 seconds off (rest) between sets.
- Ring Dips – Super hard. My spaghetti arms aren’t showing much improvement, plus I’m not coordinated enough for the ring dips. I’m very shaky and even with the assistance of the band, this is a difficult move for me.
- Ball Slams – 20# ball. We’ve recently moved up in weight in all our “balls”, and even the kettle bells. I know this is a positive thing but it makes everything SO tough.
- Sit-ups – Actually something I can do. Yay me!
- Wall Balls – 14# ball
CrossFit Day 55 – Front Squats 5×3 – (73#s)
Partners – Each person does half of the prescribed WOD (workout of the day). Items can be divided in any way you choose (sometimes we just do half each, sometimes we have to break it down more. EX – burpees we did 10 each x2, then 5 each). Timed workout, so please bust it so your partner isn’t waiting on you for too long!
- 50 Burpees
- 100 Sit-ups
- 50 Box Jumps – Super tall box this time!! I normally use the 18” and this was maybe 24”, I could definitely tell and had to be careful to make it up and not misstep.
- 100 Kettlebell Swings – 35#
- 50 Wall Balls – 14#
- 100 Ball Slams – 20#
Last week was a tough week. I was tired. But I still went. If I go into every workout “fresh” and ready to rumble then I’m not pushing myself or improving. While it’s important to know my body and know when I NEED to rest, it’s just as important to realize when I get to the mid to 3/4s point of a tough training cycle, everything will be tired. And this is the most integral point of the cycle when I need to keep pushing so that I can make the most progress. I “get it” but that doesn’t mean that I don’t feel
like crying sometimes tired.
** Keep Pushing, the Results Will Be Worth the Effort ** Amanda – TooTallFritz **
P.S. – The giveaway for the FREE Entry to the Corn Fed Spartan Crucible obstacle course, mud run is still going on! Enter HERE.