This week starts the kickoff of the Chicago Marathon training season! Everyone is excited. Everyone is ready. Everyone is planning ahead to make the 2013 race the best one yet. Those of us who have chosen to run for charity are also strategizing as to how to make our fundraising campaign as successful as possible for our charities. My charity is the Ronald McDonald House Charities. Yes, we still have entries available on our team if you didn’t get one of those coveted lottery spots!! Go here to become a 2013 team member for RMHC.
I have chosen to run for RMHC for many reasons but most importantly because I want to help the kids and families not only of Chicago and the US but around the world. The RMHC mission speaks to me by helping out the kids and families of injured, disabled & terminally ill children stay together. They focus on normalcy and helping the family to feel connected, offering creature comforts, fun and a home base that is less like a hospital and more like a home. They provide a place to stay, meals and support these families regardless of their financial status. They focus on keeping families together during times of crisis. That I like. That I support. That is something I would want for my family.
So without further ado, I’ll start introducing the raffle prizes. I am still collecting raffle items so email me if you would like to donate something! Currently we have just under 30 items with prizes ranging from $6 up to $189. I’ve been
hoarding saving and stashing things away for this all year, so I hope that we can really put some $$ away for RMHC. My goal is to raise $5000 this week. You will receive 1 entry into the raffle for every $10 donated to RMHC via my fundraising page HERE. If you see a prize that you REALLY want, then please make a comment below and if your name is drawn then I will do my best to accommodate your request.
1) Pro Compression Marathon Socks – $50 Value. Your choice of color & size. These are my go to socks for compression. They are long enough for my long legs and come in a variety of colors and sizes.
2) Aspaeris Pivot Shorts – $65 value. Your choice of color & size in the Gen2 style. These are the only compression shorts I wear. I love them. I like both generations for various reasons but the hot pink Gen2 shorts really makes a statement as they are working at keep me together.
3) Tough Chik $25 Gift Card – You get to chose what you want from the Tough Chik store! Lots of amazing things from cycling, running, TRI gear to casual tees. My new favorite, which just dropped yesterday, is the “Tougher Than I Look Tank” which is priced at $28. However, YOU can pick anything you like with this gift card!
4) Venus de Miles Illinois FREE ride entry + Tee (medium) + Water bottle – $189 value. Join myself, the other Venus de Miles Ambassadors and ladies from all over the tri-state area as we cruise Lake Forest in style on July 28th. This ride offers a 25 & 61 mile option. It’s totally free for YOU and the mandatory fundraising requirement will be waived. The ride includes fully stocked rest stops every 12-15 miles, on course support, breakfast & activities pre-ride, and a big ladies style bash after the event. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed with this event. Check out the website or read more about the 2013 event HERE or my 2012 experience HERE.
5) Bastille Day 5K/8K FREE entry – $37-$42 value. Run one of the best races in town on Thursday, July 11th for free! This race claims to be “Bringin’ Happy Hour Back” so I have massive expectations for fun, Fun, FUN! The race is in Lincoln Park offering a 5K or 8K option followed by a block party. Join me to celebrates the French Independence Day and we will show Lincoln Park what HAPPY HOUR is all about! Whoooooooop!!
6) Women Rock Chicago Calendar & Headband (x2) – Value is “priceless”. I scored two MEN of Women Rock Chicago calendars which have been signed by Mr. April & Mr. July! You are welcome!!! These calendars are filled with fun and hot men. Each calendar comes with a Women Rock Chicago headband. Two winners here, try not to fight but I know you want these!!
7) AdvoCare prize pack – $32 Value. One AdvoCare blender bottle, 3 packets of Spark (mango strawberry), 3 packets of Post Workout Recovery Drink (chocolate), 3 pouches of Rehydrate Gel (lemon), & 3 packets of Rehydrate drink (mango pineapple). AdvoCare is my go to for nutrition and sports performance products. I don’t shop around. This is what I trust. This is what I use. These products are safe, tested, legal, plus focus on giving us what we need for our bodies without all the “extra” additives
8) Punkeelove Headbands (3 bands – 1 winner) – $44 Value. I love sparkly headbands that DO NOT slip. These are the only ones that I buy. I’ve tumbled and rolled down the lakefront path (no joke!) and these stay in my hair. They don’t flip off the back of my head while I run either cuz who wants to pay big $$ for a cute sparkly headband then lose it in a race on the first wear. Not me. This prize pack includes a purple, black & pink band. What more could a girl possibly need? Oh and they are adjustable so you can share them with the little divas at home too!
9) Mission Athletecare prize pack – $17 value. I am including two of my favorite Mission Athletecare products. They are my go to for sunscreen, anti-chafe, lip balm, muscle care & foot cream. I really like this stuff. CVS carries some products and then I get the rest online. This prize pack includes an Anti-Chafe stick & a 50 SPF Kids Continuous Play Sunscreen. I use the kid sunscreen all the time so this is what I had in the cabinet and this is what’s in my purse right now.
10) Road Runners Sports 2 Bottle Belt (size medium) – $29.99 value. This is my favorite water belt. It doesn’t move. It holds 14 oz of water at one time, plus has small pouch for keys, phone, or gels. Fuel Belt branded bottles. Road Runner Sports designed belt.
11) Team Tough Chik visor – $18 value but you can’t get it unless your ON THE TEAM and I probably won’t let you win it unless you are on the team or promise to sign up next year!! This is a Headsweats brand visor with a velcro adjustment strap.
12) Flip Belt – Black (size large) – $24.99 value. It’s been soooo hard for me to save this and not use it. I have a yellow and pink one that I wear constantly. I run in them, race in them and sometimes wear one if I’m out with the kids and don’t have pockets. Great belt that fits a ton of stuff but doesn’t bounce or move around.
13) CytoSport prize pack – Muscle Milk Light (Cytosport product) is a headlining sponsor of the Zooma Women’s Series. I have a prize pack from our sponsor which includes several of their Muscle Milk & CytoMax products. Prize pack includes: 2 Muscle Milk snack bars, 1 Muscle Milk Light (chocolate) ready to drink, 1 Muscle Milk Light (peach) ready to drink, 1 CytoMax ready to drink, 5 CytoMax mix packages, 2 packages of CytoMax Energy Drops & 1 CytoMax water bottle.
14) Tough Chik Boston Tough Boston Strong performance wicking tee by Alo (x2 – both size medium) – $22 value each. Get one of these tees while they are HOT! They sold out immediately on the first printing. They run small so these mediums fit like a small. Two winners here. Each winner will get a tee & a Tough Chik sticker!
15) Lock Laces – $7.99 value. Yellow lock laces. Great for running, triathlon or little ones who can’t keep their shoes tied!
17) Handana – $18 value. The Handana is all the rage! Used by runners, cyclists and fitness enthusiasts everywhere, this is your answer to gracefully wiping away snot & sweat during a workout. It may seem a little “out there” but it’s a practical solution to a problem that we all share. Second photo from the Amazon website.
18) Team Tough Chik sponsor prize pack (x3 – three winners). One of the benefits of being on Team Tough Chik is the backing of our amazing group of sponsors. We aren’t just paying for cool clothes & access to an amazing network of women but also cool prizes and discounts from our sponsors. A few of our sponsors are in this prize pack below: Nuun – 1 full size tube of fruit punch nuun & 1 nuun water bottle, Cliff Bars – 1 Cliff Bar & 1 Cliff Builder bar, BodyGlide – 1 “For Her” product, Reflect Sports H2O swim shampoo sample & a John Wayne Cancer Foundation 30 spf sunscreen sample.
19) ibungee Speed Laces – $6 value (x2 – two winners). Neon Green & Yellow. The ibungee speed lace system claims to be the #1 seller for speed laces. They are great for running, triathlon & the little ones in your family. Installation is easy, just make sure you get them long enough! There are 38” laces so long enough to cut to your specific needs. Two winners here.
20) Adidas Sport Headbands – 5 headbands (black, pink & white) – $9.99 value. I haven’t tried these yet, a friend gave them on to me because she knew that I liked headbands but since I was collecting for this, I just tossed them in the pot. They look cute!!
21) GU prize pack – 14 GU gels, $24 value. GU is undeniably the most popular “on the go” fueling option. We have 11 regular gels: 2 TRI Berry, 3 Strawberry Banana, 1 Mandarin Orange, 2 Espresso Love, & 3 Peanut Butter. Then the prize pack is topped off with 3 of the coveted Roctane Gels in the Chocolate Raspberry flavor. You’re workout will definitely get a boost with these!
Wow! That’s it! If we don’t get any other prizes, then I will draw 26 winners next week on Thursday, June 13th at 9am via a random number generator. This is one instance where you can win more than one prize. Please share this with your friends, blog readers, run club members & anyone who might be interested. The idea behind this is to do the best we can for Ronald McDonald House Charities and in the process help as many families as possible. My personal goal is to raise $5,000 thru this raffle
and then not talk about it again. Please help spread the word! Each $10 donation (increment) to my fundraising page = 1 entry into the raffle. No donation is too small, now go help me spread the word and GOOD LUCK!
** Raising $$ For the Kids ** Amanda – TooTallFritz ** firstname.lastname@example.org